Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 Here I Come

So, it's a new semester. A new year. Starting new. Starting fresh. I considered putting "be a better blogger" on my list of New Years Resolutions, but I knew I wouldn't succeed at that, so why set myself up for failure? Yeah, exactly. So I didn't.

However, I think this New Years Resolution will be forced on me. Whether I like it or not. For my literacy class we are required to keep a journal (in my case an e-journal). Just to keep record of our lives and to remember this journey we are going through. So, here I come blogging world. I'm recommitting myself. Although this is a self reported assignment, I think this little motivation will help me keep up on my blogging a bit better. 

So, lets just start with the fact that 2011 is here. What? Wasn't it like 1995 yesterday? I swear it was. I'm 20 and a half, in my senior year of college, and will be starting teaching this year. No, too young. Not ready. Not mature enough. I guess I don't have a choice though. So, 2011--here I come! 

Let me highlight some of the most exciting things that I am anticipating in 2011. 

First and foremost, I am proud to announce that I will be nominating myself for "Aunt of the Year" for 2011. Because, afterall, I WILL be an aunt. Yep. Lauren and Mark are expecting their first little one in April. Baby boy Walker. Can't even wait to meet the little stinker. Can't wait to be the best aunt (because obviously I will be....). 

Second, I will finish up my campus courses at BYU. Can we thank the high heavens for that? I am so excited to be finished. I've loved my experience at BYU, and have learned so much, but really, being done will be so beautiful. I don't think I'll miss the McKay building or the Testing Center. Or the parking situation for that matter. 

Third, I will begin my internship (hopefully) as a teacher. I'm applying next week and will have interviews in March. If all turns out as hoped then I will have my very own classroom in just 8 short months. Too crazy. 

Fourth, I will turn 21. Yeah, I'll be even MORE legal than I was when I turned 18. I'll be able to do all the "adult" stuff. None of which I will actually take part in--but I'll feel cool anyway. 21. Who ever thought I'd make it?

Fifth, I'll most likely be getting married......OK, JOKE! Not even dating anyone. But, wouldn't that be cool? Find this hunk who is so perfect in every single way? Doubtful, but maybe. 

There are countless other exciting things to look forward to this year. I'm sure 2011 will be the best year yet! Can't wait to see what's in store for me. 

Look forward--or just quit reading now--to more blog posts in 2011! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.