Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rebekah with a "K-A-H"

Ok, so maybe I'm not as cut out for this whole blogging thing as I thought I'd be. I mean, I've only written two posts and I'm already getting a little sick of it. Ok, ok--I'll try for a little longer before I give up, but don't blame me if you keep reading and you're bored to death. That's your own fault.

Because I've been such a journal slacker, I'll devote a few posts to share a bit of my history so when I'm 80 and get Alzheimer's I can look back and remember things like where I was born, where I've lived, my elementary years, crazy blind dates, etc. (Sad, I never want to get Alzheimer's). 

So, here we go. Rebekah's history part 1. (Already sounds boring...)
My name is Rebekah Anne Hafen. Yes, Rebekah with a "k-a-h" and Anne with an "e". You get used to saying that when no one spells your name correctly. Don't get me wrong, I love the way my name is spelled, but having it misspelled on everything gets pretty annoying sometimes. 

I was born on June 22, 1990 in Salt Lake City, UT. I was born in a hospital with a Catholic name (something like St. Mary's or St. Mark's...). Growing up my dad always told me that when I was born, the Catholic nuns took me and I was baptized into the Catholic church. I spent much of my childhood believing that I was baptized in both the Catholic and LDS church, and I did not like it. My dad is a nut--who would trick their child into believing that? Oh yeah, my dad would. 

I only lived in Salt Lake for a couple of months before my family moved. We moved to either Dallas, Texas or Omaha, Nebraska. We lived in both places for a short time, but I can't remember which came first. (Oh no, the Alzheimer's is already setting in!) But, whichever one it was, I don't remember living there anyway, so I wouldn't have anything to share. 

We then moved back to Utah we I was about 3 (or 2....or 4). My childhood must have been a blissful one, because I don't have any traumatic memories. Ok, not true. I do remember one day when I was but a little child. My uncle (about 11 at the time), decided he would like to ride my tricycle with me in the wagon behind him. Unfortunately, Daniel was a little too big for my teeny little tricycle and we fell right over. I must have landed pretty hard, because apparently my collarbone broke. Sad. 

When I was 4 I was ready to start Pre-School. I attended Learning Dynamics for 2 years. I don't remember either loving or hating it...so it must have been pretty alright. I probably loved it though--I was such a teacher's pet all through elementary school. How obnoxious. 

Well, I'm sick of this history stuff for now. Maybe throughout this blog little random memories and experiences will pop up. But until next time when I start on Rebekah's history part 2 (the elementary addition).

Signing off,
Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.