Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Beginning of the End

The end of my summer is quickly approaching. Four more days to be exact. Then school starts. Bleh. 

I've been trying to get myself ready for school to start back up (mentally, academically, physically, spiritually, socially--and any other "ally" words). But it hasn't been working. No, I just end up feeling more unprepared, more nervous, more tired, more bothered, more stressed. I don't love school. 

Don't get me wrong, I love learning, I love my major, I love "college". But I do not love school. I do not love writing papers, taking tests, doing assignments, studying late. All of that stresses me out. Not my "cup of tea" you might say. 

However, it is inevitable. School is right around the corner and it's coming--whether I like it or not. I keep reminding myself that I'm almost done. And I'm not even lying to myself. I really am almost done. Two more semesters (and quite possibly one more Spring term), and I'll be ready to enter the classroom to teach my own students.

I really can't believe it. I'm not old enough to graduate from college. I'm not smart enough. Not ready. But I am so ready. I can't wait to get out there, to make a difference, to do what I've been preparing to do for these last few years. 

This is the beginning of the end for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.