Have you ever had those nights when you’re half conscious-half dreaming so you can’t really tell what’s real and what’s not? I have those all the time. It’s like sometimes I’m sure I’m dreaming, and other times I feel like maybe this is real.
The other night I had that. So, to start off you have to know that I absolutely hate the sound of alarm clocks. It just makes me cringe. (It is good though—because it makes me jump out of bed real quick when my alarm goes off.) But in this dream I was on a game show where I had to sit there while an alarm clock went off for five minutes. If I could let the alarm ring without turning it off for the whole five minutes, I would win.
I remember as the alarm was going off it felt like torture. I wanted to turn it off so bad—but I couldn’t! I had to win. As I was squirming in my seat trying to resist the urge to turn off the horrible sound I came to and realized my real alarm had been going off for two whole minutes. It wasn’t a game show at all. I wasn’t going to win anything. So I jumped out of bed and turned that dreadful thing off.
I was kinda bummed that I had sat through those horrible two minutes just to find out that it wasn’t real. I wanted to conquer my fears and withstand the temptation to cut the cord of that alarm. I wanted to be a winner.
Instead I just kinda felt like a loser.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.