Friday, February 4, 2011

A Broken Heart / A Little Laugh

A few days ago my family went to Taco Bell. Yum. I met them there as I was on my way home from taking a test. When I arrived they had a story to tell that made me giggle, but really tugged at my heart strings. 

As they were waiting for their order, a man who was homeless came in. He told the clerk that his wife had gone through the drive through about 45 minutes earlier. When she got home she realized that she was missing a Chalupa, two tacos, and a quesadilla, so he had to walk all the way back to Taco Bell to get it. Really, sir? Your wife didn't realize she was missing that much food until she got home? Ok. So, she drove through the drive through, but when you came back you had to walk? Were you grounded from using the car? Sure. Well, the clerk went back and talked to her manager. The manager came out and the man related the same story. The workers decided the give him his order. They told him it would be a few minutes and asked him to wait. The man agreed and asked, "While I'm waiting, can I have a drink?" Again, they consented and gave the man a free drink. His food was ready and the man started to leave the restaurant. Just outside there door was another man, waiting with their belongings, holding a Del Taco bag. Looks like the hit up all the taco joints in Provo. 

While that story is a little funny because of their extravagant story, it really breaks my heart that there are people who are starving and who literally can't afford an 89 cent taco. I'm glad the employees were generous enough to realize that sometimes, people just need a break. 

Everyday millions suffer from starvation. Wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone could just be a bit more generous? I think I'll be able to slip a little extra in the fast offerings envelope this month. Really, I'm sure there are people who could use it more than I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.