Friday, February 4, 2011

My Mom's a Rockstar

I have the greatest mom. I really do. She's the kind of person that can handle anything. She does more than I ever though possible, but still has time to be the loving, caring person that she is.

She is the first one to leave to work in the morning. She goes to teach fourth grade for many hours each day, spending extra time before and after making sure her class is in perfect order. She is in the Young Women's presidency (for about the 50th time), and writes lessons, comes up with activities, and does so much for the young girls in her ward. She comes home to a house full of hungry teenagers and has the energy to make dinner for her ravenous family. After dinner she escapes for a time to do her daily (or at least almost daily) workout. When she gets home from the gym she helps do homework, clean up the house, and anything else that needs doing. 

Last night when everyone else was in bed I heard my mom up in the kitchen. When I went upstairs to see what she was up to I found her making dinner for her visiting teacher who is in the hospital. After a long day of school, parent-teacher conferences, getting dinner for the family, going to mutual, attending a 2-hour stake meeting, she comes home--probably very exhausted--and spends time preparing a meal for someone in need.

She's awesome. Seriously. A rockstar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.