Monday, February 7, 2011

Things I Would Never Know If I Didn't Know

Being the Relief Society President has taught me so many things. Really, more than I can ever count. I have had hard times, happy times, sad times, and joyful times. 

I've learned a lot about the girls I serve with. So many of them have hard things in their lives. Things I would never know about just by looking at them and having a casual conversation with them. Things that they keep bottled up inside, just being as strong as they know how. 

I am amazed at their strength as they experience things I will never understand. Things that I can only stand by and watch as they go through them. 

I try my best to be a support for them when they need me. 

I have learned over and over again that everyone has their own trials, no matter if others can see them or not. Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.