It's been a cold week. And when I say cold I really mean miserably freezing. Deathly cold. But I only have to spend ten minutes max. in the cold as I walk from my car into class. As I'm making the short journey I can't help but think of the Pioneers. Here I am, in my big puffy coat, a sweater, and boots, and I feel like my life might end at any moment from the debilitating weather.
How about the Pioneers? They were in dresses, maybe had a few blankets (if they were lucky), and shoes worn down to almost nothing. And their journey didn't end in ten minutes like mine did. In fact, their was months. Years for some. They had no where to go to warm up, to thaw out.
Seriously, how did they do it?
As I was thinking about that it reminded me of the many other blessings that I enjoy. What did people do when there weren't cars? What about computers? Or cell phones? Things I consider necessities now weren't even an option to our ancestors.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.