In Fast and Testimony meeting this month, a wise friend said the following:
"I don't want to be cool, I want to be kind.
I don't want to get ahead in life, I want to serve."
How profound. I don't want to be remembered as the girl who was "cool". I want to be remembered as someone who was nice, loving, understanding, and kind. At times, I do all I can to get ahead in life and I don't realize how many opportunities I am passing up to serve. I don't want to be the most successful, or the richest, or the most knowledgeable. No, I want to be the one who changed someones life for the better. Someone who loves to serve. I want to be that person.
Thank you for the advice Skyler Stice.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.