Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Possible Gods and Goddesses

Lately I've been reading a lot of intellectual, thought provoking things. So unlike me. Although I don't always understand them fully, or comprehend their deepest meanings, I always find at least one small part that rings true to me. I am not one who has ever been good with words, so pulling my thoughts together to create meaning is sometimes difficult. However, I do know that all good things are of God.

In a sermon given by C.S. Lewis he says the following: 

"It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship."

How exciting that is! All people on this earth are promised the same thing. That if we live righteously, we will one day return to live with our Heavenly Father and experience glory that we have never imagined.  It is a good reminder to me that everyone is a child of God. Each of our brothers and sisters are so glorious, so amazing. How lucky we are to have each other, to learn and to grow, to become perfect through Him, and to ultimately return to live with our Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.