Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My "Be Nice" Mentor

Right now I am reading a fantastic book called "Be Nice (Or Else!)" It is the most fantastic book, and I am learning so much from it. I will probably discuss it at length when I am finished, but I thought I'd share one part right now.

Winn Claybaugh, the author of "Be Nice (Or Else!)" gives the tip to find a "Be Nice" mentor. Someone who you look up to, respect, and admire. Someone who is nice and who you want to be like. He mentions five things to look for in a "Be Nice" mentor. 

    Your "Be Nice" mentor should be someone who...
            1. Makes you laugh
            2. Makes you feel humble
            3. Makes you feel grateful
            4. Makes you feel thoughtful, pensive, and reflective
            5. Makes you feel and act silly or childlike

I know who my "Be Nice" mentor is. Who's yours?

I hope one day--after lots of work and practice--that someone will choose me for their "Be Nice" mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.