I finally figured out why I hate writing in my journal so bad, but I can somehow bear to blog. Let me enlighten you (whoever you are).
I am a perfectionist.
Ok there, I said it! I am. I know it. And it’s stupid. I get pretty bothered when things aren’t perfect. (And by perfect—I mean nearly perfect, obviously.)
As I write in my journal (or write anything for that matter), if I misspell a word, use ugly handwriting, don’t space it well, or my thoughts just don’t come out right, I usually rip it out and start over. Ugh. I know. It’s ridiculous. A total waste of paper and ink.
When I’m re-reading journal entries from years ago, if I notice a misspelled word, I cringe. Who cares if I was 9 when I wrote it? I can’t believe I didn’t know how to spell onomatopoeia.
Here’s the quick-fix. Just blog it. E-journal, blog, whatev. It totally works. I don’t have to worry about handwriting or awkward spacing. And if I notice I misspelled a word, all I’ve got to do it click ‘edit post’, fix it, and BAM! Perfection.
The backspace key is also a lifesaver.
Post Script: I already edited this post once. I typed "no" instead of "know".
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.