Monday, June 14, 2010

On My Mind

What's on my mind today? A lot of things. A lot of random things. And I'm just going to compile them all.

 First bit of news. My baby ducklings are gone. I miss them. I'm sad everyday when I come to work that they aren't there to greet me. It really makes me sad, which is weird, because I don't like ducks--only my babies. 

Second, Janet Lindsay's homemade raspberry-peach jam? Heaven on Earth.

Next, school's out for the summer! I just had my very last class of the term. It truly is a beautiful thing. One final to go and freedom is mine! I can't wait. Like I've mentioned before, this summer is the first I have taken off since graduating high school. Pure bliss (with work thrown in there too--bleh). Bring on the Summer sun!
 
I have a bracelet from American Eagle. I wear it practically every day. Today is the first time I've really noticed a little motto they have etched onto the clasp. It says "Live Your Life". Great advice American Eagle. Seriously. Sometimes I get so caught up in other people's lives, or what my life should be or could be like, and I forget to just live my life. It sounds so simple--but it really is profound. Don't let the little things pass you by. Don't go throughout life without actually living. I wear this little reminder around my wrist everyday. Hopefully I'll be a little better at living my life to the fullest.

Lately my mind has been filled up with schemes of how to get myself on a trip to California. I've been wanting to take a road trip for quite some time now. Hopefully now that school is out, I can make those dreams a reality! 

I created a list of random things I want to do before this summer is over. The list is quite short--I don't require a lot. Here is my Summer To-Do List: 1) Go to Lagoon. Not the coolest amusement park ever, but it's definitely something you have to do once a summer. 2) Road trip. See above. 3) Visit the zoo. I know, it sounds totally childish, but I've done it with a friend before and it really is fun. 4) Ride the lift at Sundance at dusk. Beautiful. And quite romantic. I guess I'll need a boyfriend before this. 5) Tube down the Provo River. One of the funnest Summer activities. Quite the adventure, and something you've gotta be able to say you've done. 6) Go boating. I haven't been for a few years. And that's it! That's all I need to make my Summer complete (well, including lots of 7-Peaks trips, countless snow cones, and many yummy BBQ's)!

Was whoever invented sports terminology hungry? We have different football bowls, soccer cups, baseball players run to plates, volleyball players serve, ping-pong (is that a sport?!) is played on a table. That's why you should eat before you go to work. (This thought is a product of the Fifa World Cup that is going on right now. Go USA!)
 
My teenage days are quickly coming to an end. There are only 7 of them left. I'm not sure if I'm more sad or excited to be ending this era. Right now, I'm sad. I never thought I would actually be sad to have a birthday. But for some reason, knowing that I will never again be a teenager kinda makes me sad. I could blame all of my immaturities and silly childish behaviors on the fact that I was just a teenager. Next week, I'll have to grow up. I don't know if I like that.

Nevertheless, my birthday is in one week.

Another thing on my mind is how big of a nerd I am. Right now I'm in this "read everything you can get your hands on" phase. Nerd alert! I've been reading a lot of great books, and even keeping a list of all the books I want to read this summer. If I don't have plans one night, I'm very content cracking open a good book. 

(I told you...there are a lot of things on my mind today.)

Being in the Relief Society Presidency, I hear about a lot of things. Many of them are sad or hard things. But hearing these things make me so grateful for my life. While sometimes I think I have rough patches in my life, when I put them into perspective and think about all of the hardships I could have, I realize I've got it good. I wouldn't trade my life, my trials, my happinesses, my family, my anything--for anyone else's. 

There are many other things flying around in my mind, sometimes it's hard to just sort them all out. 

Over and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.