Wednesday, June 16, 2010

You Can Call Me Master

The college that I work in is working on updating our website. My office, the advisement center, has a part of the website that we are supposed to design and maintain (update information, add new things, etc.). The other day my boss asked me if I would be in charge of our portion of the site. Of course, I couldn't say no to my boss, so I agreed. 

I had a little training session with a girl from another office. It was helpful, but when she left, it was like she never came. Designing a website is a lot harder than I thought. There is so much trial and error, it's insane. It literally takes me like 3 hours to figure out how to make one link look right. Seriously. 

After a few days of working on the website I feel like I'm getting a little better. A little. Not much. I actually feel pretty cool that hundreds of students are going to be using my website. Although I'm getting the hang of it, I have to admit--I'm not cut out for a computer programmer. :) 

However, that makes me the new web-master. You can go ahead and start referring to me as Master Rebekah. That'd be fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.